Tuesday, May 14, 2013

2012-2013 Gallery

2012-2013 Gallery

Explore the fabulous work
created with the theme "The Magic of a Moment".


INTERMEDIATE SUBMISSIONS (Grades 3-5)

Literature-             




Visual Art -            

  Anna L. - When I heard "The Magic of a Moment", I thought imagination. Imagination is magic's home. Then I thought about the word moment. A moment could be seconds, or a few years. Now to put them together...What about horses? They could be pegasus's, unicorns, or both. So, with these thoughts, I made my picture. As you can see, I based my picture on my thoughts. A moment (that second the horse bucked) with magic (the girl's imagination). The rest is for you to find out.

Film -                      

 Alex P.


MIDDLE SCHOOL SUBMISSIONS (Grades 6-8)

Literature -                  


If It Never Happened…
            As the sixth second of the fortieth minute of the ninth hour in the third week of November of the year 2012 passes, it suddenly dawns on me that no other moment like this will ever occur again. The numbers give the second an identity that will never repeat itself. As the hand passes on the clock, a moment lives and dies. This is the magic living within a single heartbeat of life.
            On the eve of my sixth birthday, my parents, brother, and I were settled comfortably around the kitchen table finishing the remnants of our meal- hotdogs and macaroni with cheese. When the phone blared, we thought nothing of it until we received the news of my grandfather’s death. That day, April 19, 2004, would never be the same to our family. What if his death never happened?
            Whether the moment is cursed by dark magic or a light, the individuality of single heartbeats is special in which we can hold certain moments in high regard until we are no longer. From the first rise of the American flag, to when Lincoln began the Gettysburg address with “four score and seven years ago…” and eleven years ago our great country’s citizens stood together, held their hands, and mourned the victims of September 11, 2001. A single promise to be born: that this will never happened again. When the thousands of lives were lost on that day avenged on May 2, 2011 when our nation could finally declare that the man whom caused it was dead. What if our country was never struck by this tragedy?
            In these moments, in the hour, of the date in a year, history is marked down in the history books. The magic of a heartbeat lies within in the truths that cannot be fabricated. There is no rewind button. We cannot reverse what happens in our life. If our nation never had the courage to rise against the British to form our great country, England would hold the name to the fourth largest country in the world. And in that, we could never say that we were proud to be an American.
            So if these celebrations, an “on the whim” decision, or tragedies never happened, where might we be today? How would they affect our lives? Our friends? Our future? A minute or a moment, special or not, they will live forever in our own eternity.
by Cameron H.


Photography -              

 Natalie S. - I like photographing nature. This photo shows the magical moment of the rain beading on the leaf. Most people don't notice these moments. That's why I like photographing them. When you capture these little moments up close, they are really beautiful. 

  Allanah I. - I think the magic of a moment means capturing a special moment that couldn't be planned or repeated. That moment is something treasured. If you just wait, the perfect moment will always come along.

Visual Arts -               

 Sydney D. - I chose to paint fireflies because fireflies remind me of summer, and summer is my favorite time of year. Fireflies are very beautiful and always make me happy. In a moment, you can capture a firefly, and see it's glow between your fingers.
  Sabina J. - The angel is blessing the mother deer and her baby for high hopes in the future, but also to remember the love and magic of this moment forever.

Musical Composition -            

 Pria M.


No comments:

Post a Comment