Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Reflections Gallery 2013-2014

Dream Big
Natalie Schindler Dream Big
Reading is something that I love to do. A great book transports me to new places; makes me feel like I am "living" in the book. It inspires me to dream about things I never would have thought about. Reading inspired the photograph and I hope the photograph inspires others to believe, be inspired and dream big!


Desiree Santos Declaration of Independence
I visited the National Archives during teachers' convention. There I saw the Declaration of Independence. The Declaration of Independence inspired the colonists because writing the document was high treason against the king. No one had ever dared to write such a document before, especially if it was against the king, so it was a really big step-up for the colonists. The colonists had always dreamed of a free country. But it didn't seem possible. So, on a hot, summer day in July, our founding fathers hoped for freedom while signing our Declaration of Independence.


Burke Jaeger  CAIRNS
I believe that art is something to be shared and used to inspire others. One day, my brothers and I each built cairns at the beach. Each day of our vacation, we returned to the same spot and saw that our cairns had inspired others to create their own. We couldn't wait to see how our "art exhibition" changed with the tides and with the help of others. I took this photograph of my brother adding a cairn to ever-growing gallery of monuments between the tides, defying gravity, and inspiring dreams of artists who believe that their creations matter.













Julia Love Inspire
I chose to display a music note in my art work because music inspires me to stay positive and happy. Also, because I dream andbelieve that my skill and passion for music can get me somewhere someday. I was inspired for the art type by my good friend Christina Kellaris, who uses fun and whimsical lines and colors to create a beautiful picture.





Molly Love Colorful Names
My drawing relates to the theme because I love things that are colorful and there was a bucket of Sharpies just sitting there inspiring me to draw this picture.





Jillian Berard World Through Books
My work relates to the theme because it demonstrates how reading inspires and helps to take you to different places and live different lives.



Emma Lore Sky Gazer
People live their lives looking for some kind of sign or answer. The girl in this picture is hoping to see a sign in the mystical sky.


Anna Lancellotti They are Three, Yet They are One
I am describing these three things. They are "hand in hand" because they are three good things an artist will need. (Bakers, writers, actors/actresses ect. are included as artists, too!) They are walking towards the rising sun not only to reflect its presence, but because Believe begins to work, Dream ends it's work (not counting day dreaming), and Inspire, well that was working all along.


No comments:

Post a Comment